Garden and Flower Bed Compost; $40/cubic yard.
Being a dark brown-black product, screened to a 3/8” minus size, composted, giving the product a dark, rich, soil appearance. The is also supplemented with a small amount of composted manure, added to help replenish natural nitrogen that is used in the composting process. The product is for applications as a top cover in the landscaped flower or shrub beds or as a soil amendment to annual flower beds, grow boxes or the garden area. The product, if incorporated, adds organic matter that loosens and enriches soils, aids in moisture retention.
If used as a top cover it will help with weed control and beatification of the landscape.
If the product is used in the landscape beds it can be raked to maintain the dark look.
No artificial colors or dyes are used in this all natural product.
Some tips for using this product:
- To aid in weed control, initially apply mulch 3-4” deep.
- For cosmetic looks, apply 2″ deep.
- Incorporate into the soil at about a 50/50 soil compost mix before planting.
- It is best to apply in spring or fall before heavy weed growth periods.
- Reapply every other year to maintain proper depth, weed suppression and a fresh, clean
- This product will blow if you are in a windy area, if using as a top dress application you may consider Shredded Bark if you are in a wind prone area.
- The addition of composted manure will benefit the soil with nitrogen since the composting process will use nitrogen that is beneficial to the plants.